- Intel GMA HD graphics review deems them excellent ...
- Torchlight PC Game
- Nvidia Notebook Driver 195.81 BETA
- Golden Globe nominations tap 'Avatar' and 'Up' amo...
- Official NBA 2K10 Roster (10.01.09)
- 2011 BMW 3-Series: What Big Eyes You Have
- This Is God's Computer
- The Sims Beat Warcraft for Top PC Seller of '09
- The Billion-Dollar Video Game vs The Billion-Dolla...
- Steam Account Sells for $1,000 on eBay
- Download PS3 Firmware 3.15
- BioWare: Mass Effect 2 Will Have Launch DLC
- Intel GMA 945 Games Compatibility List - Updated
- Game Compatibility List for Intel GMA 915
- Review MSI Wind U135 Netbook
- Games list using SwiftShader v2.01
- Intel GMA 965 (x3100) Games Compatibility List
- Tommy Kaira presents Nissan GT-R "Silver Wolf" edi...
- Nintendo DS2 to be announced this year, released n...
- Apple Tablet In 2010??
- Naruto: Naiteki Kensei
- Alienware M11X netbook at CES
- Dox's Nvidia Mobile Driver 195.62
- ▼ January (23)
Monday, January 18, 2010
12:43 PM | Diposkan oleh ndue | Edit Post
June's release of The Sims 3 bested World of Warcraft for the crown of 2009's best selling PC game, according to numbers released today by the NPD Group. Modern Warfare 2, despite a November release, was a strong fifth.
Dragon Age: Origins also saw a November release and also made the top 10, at No. 9. It was one of five games from 2009 to do so in a sector where titles have a longer sales lifespan than on consoles.
Clarification: This analysis covers retail boxed copies only; it does not account for digital sales.
Warcraft's Wrath of the Lich King expansion was the second place finisher; the franchise's Battle Chest remained a reliable seller at No. 4, and the five-year-old original version of the game is still No. 6. Sega's Empire: Total War, at No. 10, was the only game not published by Activision or Electronic Arts to make the top 10 in retail boxed sales.
Overall, NPD reported that retail PC game revenues dropped 23 percent in 2009 from their 2008 totals. Michael Gallagher, the president of the Entertainment Software Assocation, countered that 2009 was the highest grossing sales year ever on record for the games industry.
The top 10 PC selling games of 2009 were:
1. The Sims 3
2. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack
3. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe
4. World of Warcraft: Battle Chest
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
6. World of Warcraft Blizzard Entertainment
7. The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack
9. Dragon Age: Origins
10. Empire: Total War